Office is not communicating with pdfMachine
If you are experiencing one of the following problems with pdfMachine or pdfMachine merge :
Problem : mapi.dll fails to load
"mapi.dll failed to load"
Problem : pdfMachine merge fails with one of the following errors :
Failed Connection with Microsoft Office or Internet Explorer
Could not click pdfMachine addin print button
Interface not registered
Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop .... Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)).
Problem : pdfMachine merge error :
During a pdfMachine merge documents, PDF files are not produced and the following error occurs
error: Could not attach File : .... System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ...
First check that Word in not in Read Layout Mode. Open a document in Word and make sure that PrintLayout is selected.
Try again. If this fails move onto the next steps.
Microsoft Office is not communicating with pdfMachine. Follow the steps in the order below to resolve this.
pdfMachine and pdfMachine merge users
- Repair or Reinstall Microsoft Office
- Reinstall pdfMachine as an Administrator, make sure you have the Office addin checkbox checked.
- Confirm that the office addin is working by creating a simple Word document and using the pdfMachine office addin, create a PDF
- If you can't see the addin it may be your configuration of Office. Word has a few settings you need to adjust to allow add-ins. Microsoft describes some of the steps you need to take to see your Office Add-Ins here.
pdfMachine merge users (make sure you have performed the steps above first)
- Reinstall pdfMachine merge
- Run one of the sample profiles provided that uses Office, eg "Test Profile - Word Template". You can run in test mode to generate documents only.